CSC KICKBALL RULES & REGULATIONS
- Each individual participant must print & sign his/her name on the team waiver/roster form to be eligible for participation in CitiesSportsConnection leagues & events. This form is available at all league games. Team captains are responsible for having all team members sign this waiver/roster form. Please be aware that there are inherent risks to participating in any athletic activity. CSC does not provide insurance for the participants of our leagues. Each player as a result of participation in the leagues assumes all liability and risk of injury. It is strongly recommended that each player obtain medical and liability insurance prior to participating in any athletic or league activity.
- All team rosters are deemed final at the end of regular season play. Players must participate in three or more matches during the regular season to be CONFIRMED on the team roster. Only CONFIRMED team roster players are eligible to play during the post-season.
- As a rule, each participant is allowed to be on one team roster per league/level/night. We are happy to allow people to play on more than one team/night if facility space allows and if you inform CSC prior to the start of the league season. Any player not confirmed on a team roster is not eligible to play on that team during the post-season. Any player who is confirmed on multiple rosters during the regular season MUST choose only one team to play on following the initial round of post-season play.
- Substitutes that have played with your team during the season are not allowed to participate in the playoffs in any of our CSC leagues (it's a basic fairness issue for all of the other teams in your league). The Honor Code is always in effect here as well. For any exceptions, please contact CSC Sports.
- All Kickball games will be played on softball diamonds or on fields with similar dimensions to those found on softball diamonds.
- A regulation game shall consist of seven innings. No new inning shall begin after fifty minutes have elapsed from the scheduled start of play. If the time limit has elapsed and the inning in progress has been completed with the score remaining tied, the game will be declared a tie. If a game finishes seven innings and there is still time left, team captains may confer with the umpire and play an extra inning to break a tie, or to play for fun. If there are weather issues, a game is considered official after 3.5 innings have been completed.
- CSC will provide an umpire at all CSC Kickball league games!. The umpires role is to keep control of the game including the pace of the pitch, fair and foul balls, and out/safe calls. Feel free to include umpires in all the fun to be had at CSC Kickball leagues...:)
- Teams consist of ten (10) players on the field. You may begin a game with as few as six (6) players. Co-ed teams must play with a minimum of six players in the field and play a minimum of four (4) from each gender to play ten (10) people. Teams may play with less than four (4) women, however, they may not play with more than six (6) men in the field at any time. Teams may also continue a game with a minimum of six players after beginning with a greater number.
- Players may start each play in any position on the field, with no more than 5 infielders and 5 outfielders. The outfielders must start each play at least 15 yards (45 feet) beyond the base lines.
- The kicking order delivered to the umpire must be followed throughout the game, unless a player is replaced by a substitute. When this occurs, the substitute may take the place of the removed player in the kicking order. Co-ed teams kick according to the official CSC box score. Teams which start a game with fewer than ten (10) players may add additional players (from the team roster only) to the end of the kicking order. A starting player who has been substituted for may re-enter the game at any time.
- If a team does not have enough players ready to start at the scheduled time they will be assessed a default. If a team fails to provide enough players to play even a "scrimmage" game they will be assessed a forfeit (providing they have not contacted CSC at least 24-hours prior to game time). A forfeit will result in loss of eligibility for the playoffs and a seriously disappointed opponent for that week's game! Teams which forfeit games for any reason (lack of players, "no shows", poor sport behavior, etc.) may be dropped from the league and replaced. Entry fees will not be refunded to teams dropped from the league due to forfeits.
- There is no walking in CSC Kickball! You can, however, strike out (2-strikes=out). A legal pitch must arrive not more than one foot above home plate. A strike consists of a foul ball or a whiff... it does happen! No *Bouncies* or *Spinnies* allowed, be nice out there! This game is all about having a good time & letting everyone participate, so keep the nice & easy pitches coming...! Once a player has two strikes on them, in any manner, they are deemed out & the next kicker in the order is now up to kick.
- The pitcher, as well as all fielders, must remain behind the pitching mound-extended until the ball is kicked.
- The ball may not be kicked until it reaches home plate or the line drawn just in front of home plate. A strike/foul ball is called if this infraction occurs and play is dead at that point. Bunting a kickball is a highly questionable activity that should be avoided at all times... Bunting is not allowed, so make sure to Kick-Away each time you get your chance at the plate. A full leg swing constitutes what we consider to be kicking-away. :)
- No leading off base. No stealing. One base is awarded on an overthrow.
- An out occurs when: a player accumulates two strikes; a kicked ball is caught; a runner is touched with the ball below the neck to get them out (Avoid Headshots!); a runner is forced out at a base; and so on...
- There is NO infield-fly rule in CSC Kickball.
- A play ends when all runners have stopped trying to advance and the ball is in the hands of the pitcher and/or the umpire calls time.
- A defensive player MAY NOT STAND ON THE BASE OR IN THE BASELINE UNLESS THEY POSSESS THE BALL AND ARE MAKING A PLAY ON A RUNNER. All defensive players must be positioned on the inside portion of the base and cannot impeed any runner's path to a base (especially at first base, this is a safety issue and must be followed at all times during the game).
- Games called prior to completion due to circumstances beyond our control may possibly be resumed or replayed. The team managers and a CSC representative will confer to make this decision.
- Games with a score differential of 10 or more runs after the 5th inning will have the score frozen at that point. If time remains and both teams desire to continue playing additional practice or scrimmage innings, the umpire will be glad to coordinate that for you...! (Same scenario if differential is 15 after 4 innings or 20 after 3 innings)
- League umpires/supervisors are instructed to speak with team managers only. All other players, as long as they are nice and curtious about it, however, can feel free to chat with the umpires/supervisors whenever the like... After all, CSC Kickball is a social activity at heart & all about having a good time! Players who choose to ignore this rule may be ejected by the CSC rep. The CSC rep may forfeit the game if physically threatened or verbally abused by any team mamber or spectator speaking in support of that particular team. If this happens in a kickball game, you really need to re-evaluate your life priorities...! Team managers are responsible for the conduct of all their players and fans. Players who get ejected from any game, for any reason, are automatically suspended from any further participation until they are reinstated by a CSC representative. This is kind of like the requirements in the small print you all know and love... :)
- Metal spikes are not allowed in any CSC activity at any time.
- Teams may wear the (appropriate) apparel of their choice. However, shoes, slacks/shorts & shirts must be worn at all times.
- Please report all injuries to the CSC representative on-site. Basic first aid supplies are available.
- Thanks again for playing with CSC Sports... Have Fun Out There! :)